Monday, June 6, 2011

Postcards from E3 2011: Catherine's Communist Choice

Atlus' Catherine isn't typical E3 fodder -- it's a puzzle-adventure game about pushing blocks to escape a nightmarish purgatory that symbolizes a man's fear of emotional commitment -- so it's a little surprising that Atlus has chosen to present the game as a high-profile sponsor for the show. You pick up a lanyard for your E3 badge, there's Catherine poking out the top on a die-cut insert.

Oh dear, how tawdry. The idea it's meant to represent is the game's ultimate choice between Catherine-with-a-C on the card's front (the pretty young blonde thing with whom protagonist Vincent has an illicit dalliance) or Katherine-with-a-K on the card's flip side (the protagonist's long-time girlfriend who's ready to settle down and have kids). I made a dumb joke about how it would be an easy choice for me when I saw the card, since my fianc�e is named Catherine (with a C). Then I picked up my lanyard and saw this:

Source: http://www.1up.com/news/e3-catherine-communist-choice

Nintendo DS PS3 PC Games Left for Dead Starcraft 2 Wii

No comments:

Post a Comment